Sunday, April 5, 2009

Haiku (compiled)

From Yuri to Yuri _ Japanese Womanhood Across Borders of Time
A Contemporary Renku Poem (a work in progress)
(13)

HAIKU

ステンドグラス
ひかりを染める
妻のゆび

stained glass
nudging color into light
my wife's fingers

春の朝
ピンクが爆発
シフォン舞う

spring morning
pink explodes
chiffon whirls

なき孫が
小皺に霞む
化粧水

dead grandchild
a blurring thought lost in wrinkles
skin lotion's smell

田んぼにも
見える砂漠の
地平線

rice paddies
you can see it
a desert horizon

浜名湖に
沈め忘れる
父の虐待

at Hamanako
forgetting burying
beatings by my father

桜ちり
ここにいます!と
どぶによむ

sakura petals
falling, write "I am here!"
into the ditch

So I've put all the haiku together that I wrote recently. In two parts, they are my segments for the work-in-progress poem "From Yuri To Yuri," a collaboration with Yuri Matsueda.
The first part of the series.

No comments: